On this page we will put updates about what to do during the present outbreak of coronavirus and links to resources which may help parishoners during this difficult time.
If you find something wrong (especially broken links, unclear text or spelling errors) or want to make any comment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE for information about support during this pandemic
Guidance for attending Mass at New Mills:
The church will be open 30 minutes before and after mass for quiet prayer.
Because of limited capacity and Government regulations, anyone wishing to attend Mass will have to pre-book their place. If people arrive without having pre-booked their place and the church is, or likely to be at capacity, unfortunately they will not be allowed in.
To book a place please ring 07561 699278, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday,
at least one day in advance of the service you wish to attend and one of our Parishioners will help.
Please be ready to give your name, contact details, and how many places needed -this is the only way places may be pre-booked.
Services may only be booked 7 days in advance, and one service at a time. If the service you wish to attend is full (as is likely on Sundays), we will operate a priority list for following weeks.
Please arrive at the service early, to allow time for the Stewards to show you to your allocated space. Social Distancing continues to operate in the Church, always keeping a distance of 2 Metres.
Times of Holy Mass at New Mills:
Sunday 26th July 9.30 a.m. People of the Parish
Wednesday 29th July 4.30 p.m. John & Bridget Kirrane RIP
Friday 31st July 11.30 a.m. John Hindmarch RIP
Sunday 2nd August 9.30 a.m. People of the Parish
- Responding to pastoral emergencies Special Emergency Number: 01457 620272
To ring the duty priest, at any hour of day or night, please phone the special emergency number: 01457 620272. You will hear some information, then you can press a button on your phone to be connected automatically to whichever priest is the priest on call. Click here for more details
Please pray for all our priests in this difficult time.
- CHURCHES CLOSURE statement by cardinal Vincent Nichols Click here
- 23rd June statement by cardinal Vincent Nichols Click here
- www.ChurchPaper.co.uk, contains over 600 editions of Catholic newspapers
- https://www.liverpoolcatholicresources.com/, Resources available include: Reflection for Third Sunday of Easter, Advice for livestream, Readings and reflections for the bereaved, Family prayer ideas, Resources for children, Parenting during Covid 19, Dementia activities and advice
- Churches Together in Marple click here NNB daily activity posted; keep checking!
- The Tablet page “Isolated but not alone” with resources for prayer and news
- http://universalis.com/Daily mass and office readings. Mobile app available
- http://wccm.org/Meditation resources
MASS AND OTHER SERVICES ON LINE
To assist anytime at mass on line Click here to bring up a page listing all masses in English being streamed now anywhere in the worl. The list may take a little time to load! Not all links will work for all computers so keep trying till you find a mass that works for you!