Welcome to St Mary’s Parish
FR DANIEL WRITES
- CHURCH IS OPEN FOR MASS:Because of limited capacity, anyone wishing to attend Mass will have to pre-book their place. If people arrive without having pre-booked and the church is, or likely to be, at capacity, unfortunately they will not be allowed in. To book a place, please telephone between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday
NEW MILLS 07561 699278 MARPLE BRIDGE 07723 381589
Please arrive at the service in time for stewards to show you to your allocated space. Social distancing operates in the church, always keep a distance of 2 metres. QR Codes for the NHS tracing App are available in both churches.
- I would like once again to thank all those who are helping to keep our churches open in these circumstances. As the days grow longer and spring arrives, it seems a reflection of the increasing hope we have of returning to a more normal way of life. We hope to celebrate Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter Vigil in some form, depending on the guidance that no doubt will arrive. When the details are finalised I’ll let you know.
- LENT 2021 there are lots of activities this year please see newsletter for details and links and contact the presbytery or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- CLICK HERE TO OPEN FR DANIEL’S LATEST NEWS LETTER/li>
- GETTING TO KNOW PARISHONERS:In the present circumstances it is an unusual time to have moved into a parish. Presumably under normal circumstances we would have hadsomesort of informal gathering (with buffet, of course!) I am conscious that although I have met many of you in my time ‘covering’ the churches, it is not the same as being ‘parochial administrator’. If anybody would like a visit, or would like to visit here for a chat, (these things dependingon whatever restrictions are in place), do give me a call. Similarly, if anybody would like a talk over the telephone, that would be fine, although please don’t be offended if I have to defer it to another time! Also, many thanks for various cards and notes of welcome received.
We are a Catholic Community, spread over a wide area of the Goyt Valley at the gates of the picturesque Peak District, attached to the Catholic Diocese of Nottingham. There are two Churches in our combined community, with one Parish Priest covering both.
In normal times everyone is welcome to join us at any of our Services, or events, in New Mills or Marple Bridge.
This site contains a short description of most of our combined efforts to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the 21st Century.
For updates on our response to the coronavirus pandemic CLICK HERE
St Mary’s Church
1 Hollins Lane, Marple Bridge,
The Church of the Annunciation
St. Mary’s Road, New Mills, High Peak, Derbyshire