Welcome to St Mary’s Parish
FR DANIEL WRITES
- If you are in contact with any parishioners can you check that they are receiving regular emails from somebody in the parish or that they belong to one of the cascading ‘Telephone Trees’ so that they can keep abreast of what is going on.
- READERS can now read at Marple Bridge Masses. You will need to sanitise hands before and after reading. There will be only one reader per Mass. If you would like to read, please mention this when booking. Many thanks.
- Please note in the newsletter are details about people to pray for this week, the MISSIO Red boxes and the Catechists meeting on 13th October
- The emergency number in case of serious illness is still in operation, with Fr Martin Sylvester and I taking responsibility for it. For all other enquiries, the Marple Bridge telephone number is now back in use. You can find it at the top of the newsletter.May God bless you all in the coming week.
- CLICK HERE TO OPEN FR DANIEL’S LATEST NEWS LETTER/li>
- GETTING TO KNOW PARISHONERS:In the present circumstances it is an unusual time to have moved into a parish. Presumably under normal circumstances we would have hadsomesort of informal gathering (with buffet, of course!) I am conscious that although I have met many of you in my time ‘covering’ the churches, it is not the same as being ‘parochial administrator’. If anybody would like a visit, or would like to visit here for a chat, (these things dependingon whatever restrictions are in place), do give me a call. Similarly, if anybody would like a talk over the telephone, that would be fine, although please don’t be offended if I have to defer it to another time! Also, many thanks for various cards and notes of welcome received.
We are a Catholic Community, spread over a wide area of the Goyt Valley at the gates of the picturesque Peak District, attached to the Catholic Diocese of Nottingham. There are two Churches in our combined community, with one Parish Priest covering both.
In normal times everyone is welcome to join us at any of our Services, or events, in New Mills or Marple Bridge.
This site contains a short description of most of our combined efforts to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the 21st Century.
For updates on our response to the coronavirus pandemic CLICK HERE
St Mary’s Church
1 Hollins Lane, Marple Bridge,
The Church of the Annunciation
St. Mary’s Road, New Mills, High Peak, Derbyshire