Welcome to St Mary’s Parish
FR DANIEL WRITES
- CHURCH IS OPEN FOR MASS but because of limited capacity, anyone wishing to attend Mass has to book a place. If people arrive without booking and the church is, or is likely to be, at capacity, unfortunately they will not be allowed in. To book a place, please telephone between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday NEW MILLS 07561 699278 MARPLE BRIDGE 07723 381589 Please arrive in time for stewards to show you to your allocated space and always keep a distance of 2 metres. QR Codes for the NHS tracing App are available in both churches.
- EASTER SERVICES times and dates are on every page of this site and in this weeks newsletter
- Bishop Patrick would like to hear from you! The Diocese of Nottingham has launched a short survey in order to deepen its understanding of Covid-19’s impact on all Catholics across the diocese. Bishop Patrick is eager to know more about experiences of the pandemic, with a view to ensuring that the faithful are well supported and understood in the years ahead. Please visit https://www.dioceseofnottingham.uk/whats-on/news/share-your-story-how-has-covid-19-affected-you-and-your-faith and fill in the short questionnaire. Please encourage other parishioners to do so. The deadline for submissions is July 4th 2021. If you do not have online access, the questions can be submitted by post. In this case, please ask for the questions.
- CLICK HERE TO OPEN FR DANIEL’S LATEST NEWS LETTER/li>
- GETTING TO KNOW PARISHONERS:In the present circumstances it is an unusual time to have moved into a parish. Presumably under normal circumstances we would have hadsomesort of informal gathering (with buffet, of course!) I am conscious that although I have met many of you in my time ‘covering’ the churches, it is not the same as being ‘parochial administrator’. If anybody would like a visit, or would like to visit here for a chat, (these things dependingon whatever restrictions are in place), do give me a call. Similarly, if anybody would like a talk over the telephone, that would be fine, although please don’t be offended if I have to defer it to another time! Also, many thanks for various cards and notes of welcome received.
We are a Catholic Community, spread over a wide area of the Goyt Valley at the gates of the picturesque Peak District, attached to the Catholic Diocese of Nottingham. There are two Churches in our combined community, with one Parish Priest covering both.
In normal times everyone is welcome to join us at any of our Services, or events, in New Mills or Marple Bridge.
This site contains a short description of most of our combined efforts to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the 21st Century.
For updates on our response to the coronavirus pandemic CLICK HERE
St Mary’s Church
1 Hollins Lane, Marple Bridge,
The Church of the Annunciation
St. Mary’s Road, New Mills, High Peak, Derbyshire