Welcome to St Mary’s Parish
- This site describes our efforts to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the 21st Century.
- Click here to open the notes about the plans for reorganisation of our deanery and parishes
- Click here to open Fr Daniel’s latest newsletter
- Pope Francis is asking all parishes to make their community sustainable in the spirit of the integral ecology set out in Laudato Si. Our Bishop has launched a campaign to respond to this call. CLICK HERE to find our more about our own parish plan for this vital matter.
- We are a Catholic Community, spread over a wide area of the Goyt Valley at the gates of the picturesque Peak District, attached to the Catholic Diocese of Nottingham. There are two Churches in our combined community, with one Parish Priest covering both. In normal times everyone is welcome to join us at any of our Services, or events, in New Mills or Marple Bridge.
- GETTING TO KNOW PARISHONERS:In the present circumstances it is an unusual time to have moved into a parish. Presumably under normal circumstances we would have hadsomesort of informal gathering (with buffet, of course!) I am conscious that although I have met many of you in my time ‘covering’ the churches, it is not the same as being ‘parochial administrator’. If anybody would like a visit, or would like to visit here for a chat, (these things dependingon whatever restrictions are in place), do give me a call. Similarly, if anybody would like a talk over the telephone, that would be fine, although please don’t be offended if I have to defer it to another time! Also, many thanks for various cards and notes of welcome received.
St Mary’s Church
1 Hollins Lane, Marple Bridge,
The Church of the Annunciation
St. Mary’s Road, New Mills, High Peak, Derbyshire